There has been a surge in anti-Asian hate crimes since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, and this violence continues to increase after a year of xenophobic rhetoric and racially charged attacks. Together, let’s work to end these racist and xenophobic attacks.
Please use the form in the link below to share your experiences with discrimination in Metuchen. Sharing your story will help us gain a better understanding of the problems facing our community. Your identity will be kept confidential, unless you give us permission to share it. [Share Your Experience]
Below are some resources to provide some more information and steps that you can take to support our Asian American and Pacific Islander neighbors.
- How to address the surge of anti-Asian hate crimes [Read More]
- We’ve rounded up some organizations to support or donate to, if you’re able, to show support for the AAPI community, especially women who may be affected by these attacks. [Read More]
- Asian Americans Advancing Justice: Our mission is to advance the civil and human rights for Asian Americans and to build and promote a fair and equitable society for all. Advancing Justice | AAJC is a national 501 (c)(3) nonprofit founded in 1991 in Washington, D.C.
- Unnoticed Struggle: A concise history of Asian American Civil Rights Issues
- Swallowing Our Bitterness: I am Asian, as well as American, and swallowing the bitterness of racism shouldn’t be something that I have to bear.
Lawn sign (Order Form)
Proceeds go to APEX for Youth, signs will be delivered in early April. Contact Erica Li with any questions or concerns.